Hi there, we are once again really excited about what we have been growing for you. The sun has been shining and the veggies are loving it! This week in your shares you will get
Here are some yummy recipes to try out this week!
CSA Week 4 Recipes
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Olive oil or light)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded coleslaw mix
- Can also add shredded carrots
- In a large bowl, mix mayonnaise, sugar, salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic powder, onion powder and cider vinegar. Toss coleslaw mix with dressing to coat. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Collard Greens with Garlic
1 Bunch Collard Greens
2 clove of Garlic
1 small onion diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
½ lemon juiced
Red pepper flakes
Cut Collard Green leaves from the stalk. Cut into smaller pieces and set aside. In a skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onions to heated oil, add cloves of garlic and simmer. Add in greens. Cook greens, as they wilt add lemon juice, sea salt, and red pepper flakes as desired. Cook until wilted to satisfaction.
Easy Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini/Squash
- 3-4 small zucchini
- 4 ounces (half pack) of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Cracked pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Olive oil for your baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly coat a baking dish with your favorite olive oil and set aside. Cut the ends off each zucchini and then slice lengthwise in half. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds without taking away too much of the flesh.
Mix cream cheese with a few sprinkles of Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes to taste. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in the zucchini halves (layer will be thin). Sprinkle a little bit of feta on top of cream cheese mixture and then follow with the bread crumbs. Just a little of both will do. Bake in oven uncovered about 35-45 minutes depending on how big your zucchinis are. You can insert a fork to check for tenderness Enjoy!
Hope you have a wonderful week and a great 4th of July!!!!
“Farming is Freedom”
Candi and Jack